Monday, October 29, 2007

New Addiction

I have to admit that quilting is my first addiction. I have a closet full of fabric, patterns, and books related to that art form. This summer I started knitting. A high school classmate (and Spanish teacher at our 'old' high school) is teaching me. After the prerequisite washcloths made out of cotton yarn, I graduated to scarves.

So far I have purchased all my yarn on clearance. And, it's a good thing. The black/gray/white scarf to the left cost $15...had it purchased the fabric full price, it would have been over $40!

The black yarn is a chenille. You can see the knobbies on the gray/white variegated yarn. I knitted them together. I found it rather tough, but was determined to knit this.

I am really pleased with the end result. This will look great with my black wool Sunday "go to meeting" coat.





The white fuzzy yarn on the right was
purchased the same time as the yarns in the black/gray/white scarf. On another trip to the store, I found the raspberry yarn in the bargain bin.

I love the way these two yarns knitted. Look at the fringe. It looks like feathers.
Unfortunately it leaves white fuzzies wherever it touches. This won't be worn with the black wool coat!

No comments: