Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Scrubs and Chocolate

Oops! Jonathan noticed that I didn't sew a chest pocket on his top. So it didn't get in the mail today. I did get the pocket and the also requested (and forgotten) loop for his name tag to clip on sewn on the top this afternoon. I made a note on the pattern directions to include both elements on the next top.

I made some truffles late this afternoon. I was still dipping when Jeopardy came on so didn't get to devote my full attention to the show. Oh, man! I'm nearly sick from licking the bowls when I got through. Yum!

I got the recipe with a printout at the grocery store.

Baker's Simply Sensational Truffles

2 1/2 pkgs (20 squares) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
Chopped nuts or colored sprinkles

Melt 8 chocolate squares. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm.
Shape into 36 balls. (I got 33 with my little cookie scooper.) Place on waxed paper covered baking sheet. Melt remaining chocolate. Use fork to dip truffles, return to baking sheet. Decorate then refrigerate 1 hour.

I dropped them on silicon sheets on top of my granite kitchen island. For topping, I decided to top half with chopped almonds and the other half with chopped cashews. I didn't worry with refrigeration. The granite was cool enough that after we returned from supper, the candies were ready to plate.
Speaking of plate, don't you just love my serving dish?! It is English and was a gift from Mama a few years ago.

The Baker's chocolate package gives instructions for melting the chocolate in a microwave. Basically after the first minute, I checked it every 10 seconds stirring each time.

The recipe states that prep time is 15 minutes. LOL Maybe if you have two or three people doing this assembly line.

I purposefully did not get a photo of me licking my fingers to get every lucious drop of chocolate.

I made the paper pieced tablerunner a couple of years ago and nearly lost my religion in the process. If you were to look at the intersections, very few of them match. I do not like paper piecing and every time I attempt it, I swear I'll never do it again. On the other hand, don't you love the napkins?! The snowflakes designs were free from http://www.annthegran.com/ . I have never been disappointed with any of the designs from that website.

I got carried away with the gusset on my sock and made too many decrease rounds. Therefore, I had to frog-it. rippet rippet - about four or so rows. Sigh. Unknitting is not near as much fun as knitting.

In the meantime: Merry Christmas and may God bless each of you and your families.

No comments: