Thursday, April 23, 2009

Movies

Knowing with Nicholas Cage.
Don't waste your money.

When the movie was over, the entire theatre was so quiet you could've heard a pin drop. Then I heard, "Well, I wasted my time tonight." I think that was pretty much the concensus of the entire audience.

So, let's talk about good movies! Tammy/Tisme commented on my last post about Jimmy Stewart. She liked Harvey. YES! I remember Harvey. Especially the last scene when the gate swings open all by itself. You just KNOW that Harvey walked through!

Other Jimmy Stewart movies I love:
Rear Window
Cheyenne Social Club
The Shootist (He was John Wayne's doctor)
The Flight of the Phoenix
How the West Was Won
The Man Who Shot Libery Valance
The Man Who Knew Too Much
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
It's a Wonderful Life!!!

Probably many, many more!

Gi, Thank you for your concern about my vertigo. We have a blood pressure cuff for Sam (his BP is a 'little' high). I've never had any problem whatsoever, but I do check it every so often. This was definitely inner ear problems. When Mama had her major bout with vertigo, the doctor told us that there was nothing that could be done. A couple of days ago, I found out that there is now something available...a manipulation of the hairs in the inner ear, then wear a brace or collar or something for 24-hours to keep your head as immobile as possible. If it hits again...I'll definitely check into treatment.

I have more flowers blooming, but no photos yet. Sorry. My small sampling of yellow and purple irises are blooming as are my last variety of daffodils. Such pretty delicate blooms. I'll try to remember the camera this afternoon and post tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Don't you just hate it when a movie ends up not being worth the time or money. I think that is why I don't go much.

Hope you are feeling better. :)

xxxxx