Friday, January 1, 2010

Quilting and Knitting and Searching

I got all five panels of my French Braid quilt sewn together and sashed. I initially was going to sew a 2" strip of homespun plaid between the solid butterscotch sashings. Hmmm...Now I'm thinking maybe solid black (see that short strip between the first two panels?). The top and bottom 3 or 4" borders will be the same...maybe. Either way, I have to make a trip to the fabric store. ;o)


Look at this! My first felted project. I used less that 2 1/2 skeins of a feltable wool and knitted a scarf about 9" x 72".

After binding off and weaving in the ends, I pulled up a 1" - somewhat - bubble of fabric and secured the base with a rubberband. Not all over, just each end for 10" more or less...probably less.

Into the washing machine for a warm water wash. Ta-da! I am very, very pleased with my first intentionally felted project.

ssshhh...We won't mention the sweater I had when I was a teenager that was absolutely gorgeous, until I got antsy and could not wait on Mama to wash it...by hand...in cold water...with Woolite...and laid flat to dry. 'Cause I didn't wash it her way. I also never got to wear it again after washing it my way. ;o(

Here's the pattern: http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/27946.aspx

Here's my sister-in-law Carol and her two grand-daughters. (Their dad doesn't want their faces shown on the internet.) We were looking for arrowheads. No luck! We found a few pieces of chipped flint, but nothing that resembled an arrowhead.

Even though it was cold, it was fun. We hope to go back when warmer weather comes...not HOT weather...warmer...and drier.

No comments: