Monday, January 18, 2010

Ta-Da!!!

My cornsticks didn't stick! I put about 1/2 teaspoon of bacon grease in each depression. (More in the sectional pan.) Then put them in the oven as it was preheating. The bacon grease was good and hot and sizzled when I spooned about 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter in each section of the cornstick pans. I divided the rest of the batter in the sectional pan.
The cornsticks were so crunchy on the outside. Eat your heart out Nancy!
I finished sock #1 of my latest pair and started on sock #2 last night. Got quite a bit done, and worked on it more this morning.

Okay. Y'all need to lock me in a rubber room. I am amazed that I didn't burn myself baking the cornbread. eyeroll I opened a can of fruit yesterday. One of those cans you don't have to use a can opener on. Pull up the tab and peel the lid back. The lid boinged, and I felt a sharp stinging ouch. Looked and blood was pouring. Pure shock! I am right handed. How did I pop a knuckle on my left hand?

Today for lunch I opened another of the same style can (soup this time) so paid close attention. I hold the can with my right hand and open it with my left. I'm backwards. LOL At least it explained the ouch to a finger on my left hand. I am soooo glad I didn't repeat the boing...ouch! ;o)

Of course it is right in the bend of the knuckle. I can press on the ouch and it doesn't hurt, but when I bend my finger or rub it against something...especially rub it against something or bump it. OUCH all over again.

Sam may have to lock the knives away. ;o)

1 comment:

Kar said...

Love crunchy corn bread! my FAV!!!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who can have problems sometimes with those cans.

xxxx