Sunday, February 14, 2010

Flunked Out

I signed up to to the Lion Brand KAL (knit along). Isn't this pretty! One of my knitting goals is to knit an Aran-style sweater. This one 'looked' perfect. I knew that I wouldn't be able to keep up because (1) I am a slow knitter and (2) I do other things...like quilt...cook...and eat. ;o) But OH MY! I had just about decided that this was over my head. Then thought perhaps not. It is just tedious. With the help of different colored stitch markers I was able to section off the different pattern changes. I realized that the worst problem that I had was on the reverse side...you're supposed to knit the knits and purl the purls. Sometimes, because of the slant of the stitch, I couldn't separate the knits from the purls. I unknitted everything I'd done and am going to start all over. The cables were starting to look good, but I found several errors. The ribbing looked real good. ;o) But I had such stupid trouble with the Double Seed Stitch. The top left section on this end which is wrong...should look like the top right section on this end. This is the correct Double Seed Stitch... So. I have unraveled the whole thing (small percentage of the sweater that it as) and am casting on a circular needle and will knit all right side rows in the round. Hopefully that will take care of that wrong side problem. I also decided that a M wouldn't be large enough so will be casting on a few more stitches.

1 comment:

Mikol said...

It looks good to me. I never could get the groove of knitting. It has been a long time since I've tried, maybe I should give it another go before I completely write it off. I do crochet here and there. Can't wait to see it all done.