Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sick Puppy

Poor Me! I ate something yesterday that did NOT agree with me. Blech. I didn't realize it at first. Of course, or I wouldn't've eaten it!! Duh.

Anywho...after school I stopped at the grocery store for milk and some chocolate to replenish my depleted stash at home. I've been keeping it at the library to squelch the temptation. NO FUN at all! After I hid the chocolate...I mean...after I put the chocolate away in it's secret place... ;o) ... I got a small piece of peanut brittle. Within 30 minutes...my tummy is bothering me and I'm (excuse me) burping peanuts. I haven't had indigestion in a loooonnngggg time! But, I keep a package of Zantac in the cabinet. Got one. Thirty minutes later took another. Then I left to go vote...almost forgot. After voting, I picked up my Aunt Ruthie and drove to Mama's house. We swapped to Mama's car, and I drove them to DeKalb. Their last remaining uncle, Reuben Houston Sanford, died. He was only two years older than Mama...he had a different mother from my grandfather, Grover Weldon "Punk" Sanford. I don't have a photo of Reuben Houston (yep, that's what my Little Papa called him), or I would post it.

Mama, Aunt Ruthie and I stopped at a restaurant known for their delicious hamburgers. Poor Mama and Aunt Ruthie. They both list to the right. I asked Aunt Ruthie if I should lean too. She said her posture embarrassed her so much. I straightened up and told her she shouldn't let it embarrass her...it was just life. I didn't enjoy my meal very much. Took another Zantac. We then went to the funeral home for visitation.

The longer the evening got, the more I thought, "If I could just throw up (sorry), I think I would feel better." I drove home keeping an eye on the shoulder of the road just in case...

Rolled Aunt Ruthie out at her house. Jumped out of Mama's car at her house and got into mine. Stayed just long enough to shine my headlights on her front door so that she could get inside. (That is very unusual for me. I generally help her get into the house. I know, I know. When she's by herself, she does it alone. But when I'm there...I do it.) So...I get home. Walk into the house and go straight to the bedroom. Hang up coat. Put purse away. Put on my pajamas and go to bed. It's barely after 8 p.m. I doze. When I wake up not quite an hour later, my belly feels like a helium balloon. Oh my! Once again I think about how much better I'd feel "if only." All of a sudden...run to the bathroom. I did it! Blech again. Double blech. But afterwards, I went to bed and slept just about all night. Not another repeat.

My tummy is tender today. Even though my jeans aren't too tight, I'm running around with them unbuttoned and the zipper barely up high enough to keep them from falling off. I've been afraid to eat much but crackers and drink a cup of tea. Sam went to Don Juan's for Mexican food. hahahaha I stayed home, ate a baked potato and drank some iced tea.

Feeling ill did not keep me out of my sewing room. After Roolen showed off her ruler organizer, I visited her blog, www.roolen.blogspot.com , for the directions. And this is what I made.
It's two-sided! When I got through, I pulled out my Swiffer. I don't have any of their sheets, so put on an old makeup stained washcloth. Worked perfectly! All I had to do when I finished was peel the washcloth off, shake it outside, toss it in the wash. I'm happy!

5 comments:

Lady Beekeeper said...

I certainly hope you feel all better, very soon. You sound like you were miserable. Been there, done that (haven't we all). Still.

I love the way you casually discuss your relatives - your turns of phrases crack me up.

Shogun said...

It sounds awful. Funny you mention eating a baked tato. I always eat potatos when I don't feel well, they are a great food. Feel better soon.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Well, did the math and it's just under 300 miles from your house to Penny Quilts in OKC. That's doable if you want to meet in the middle for a girls' weekend!!

I had that same malady a few weeks back but coming and going!!!! Was NOT fun!! Hope you're better soon.

Sherry said...

I am better! Going to high school today to sub.

I've got to plan to go to the OKC quilt show one day. I go to the Houston quilt show and OKC is not much further. If Penny ever decides to go to Houston, I know where she can spend the halfway night on the way down. ;o)

elsie123 said...

There's definitely a bug going around...no, there must be a bunch of bugs the way so many people are being hit with it. I had it this week, as well as my daughter and her family.

Roolen's organizer came out great. You're so ambitious!

Going to the Dallas quilt show? Sassy mentioned being there on Sunday the 14th.