Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm Just Not THAT Qualified

Yesterday at work, I was going to vacuum. (Office Manager really means Jack of All Trades.) It didn't happen. I couldn't find the 'on' switch for the upright vacuum cleaner. My upright - at home - has the switch on the left of the body. I've seen some on the handle. I couldn't find it! It's a good thing I was alone. I started laughing at myself. I just coiled the electric cord back up, draped it over the handle, and parked the sucker (pun intended) back in its corner in the back room.

Sam visited me later. I laughed and told him about my troubles. We drug the vacuum cleaner out again. He tilted it this way 'n' that. Then pointed and said, "Right there." Sure 'nuff! You step on one corner of the top of the "head" of the thing. LOL See...I can talk technical too. ;o)

Today. I spent the day messing with the computer...doing a disc scan and deleting files. There were only 25,998 files in the recycle bin. There's also an external backup drive that preacher's wife told me her husband had tried to clean up but it didn't work...he couldn't delete the files. He thought. After plugging it back in, I discovered it was empty. I found the whatever file it was and opened the manager and ran the diagnostics only to discover that something's wrong.

I'm going to ask for permission to purchase a 'thumb' drive. They're cheap. And I can carry it with me. What good is a backup left beside the computer if there's a fire, severe lighting strike that fries everything, theft, etc.

I never got around to defragging the computer. That'll be tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kar said...

I've been there before next to one of those "new fangled" vacuums. I'm just smiling at you. :)