Wednesday, December 29, 2010

KIndle Cover

Thanks to Erin, John, and Colt, I have a Kindle. I would love an Oberon cover for it... http://www.oberondesign.com/ ...and a matching purse. Well, maybe not the purse, but I still LOVE the Kindle cover...it may become a reality...just have to decide on the pattern. In the meantime, I've made my own cover. The hardest part was sticking velcro to the back of the brand new Kindle! I did some online research and this is the most secure manner to ...secure the Kindle in the quilted case. Cardboard insertions for protection. Recognize the basic block pattern? Yep! Left over from Isabel's quilt. This block had a problem so I made another for the quilt. Since this is my 'prototype,' I used this block. I still love the colors! So far, I have found only one thing to change. The ponytail elastic needs to be shorter to make a tighter fit around the button. And I'm trying to figure out how to and where to put a pocket for the charger and headphones (when I get them). I will probably just have to make a matching zipper bag to drop in my purse.

3 comments:

tisme said...

Love it Sherry!! I got my first book for mine, and do like reading that way, really like the way you can enlarge the print. My eyes are getting older(not me) lol.

Cherry said...

Oh, lucky you! I so would love a kindle, BUT, I got a Roomba instead and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Merry Post Christmas!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Sherry, girl, you have done me in!!! Not being a shopping kind of a person, I had never heard of Oberon products. WOW is all I can say, and I can assure you that at least one or two will be coming to live with me in the coming months!!!

Oh, Happy New Year to you and Sam.