Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Wedding

Groan and moan. That's all anyone is talking about! I did not watch it at 4 a.m. and was extremely disappointed that I could not get "real" news that morning while getting ready to go to work. When I turned the television on at about 7:15 I was so excited to watch thousands upon thousands of people milling around waiting for the newlyweds to appear on the balcony...Yaaaawwwwwnnnnn.

Now that the hoopla is over I was able to see what I wanted to see.

Kate is a beautiful self-possessed young woman. Her gowns were in extremely good taste. You can see the love shared between her and William. I pray that they stay in love the rest of their lives!

What a difference in the flash-back photos of Diana and Charles. That young woman was tragically manipulated by the royal family in order to produce an heir to the throne. The over-done froo-froo gown just swamped her delicate frame. She seemed to be so intimated by everything that she very seldom lifted her eyes. Charles swamped her emotions and self-respect with his philandering with Camilla...lovely woman that she is.

Queen Elizabeth should be ashamed of herself for the part she played in setting Diana up with Charles.

2 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

I didn't get up at 4AM but DH did wake me at 6AM. I enjoyed watching and seeing them marry. I agree The Queen should be flogged. Diana was set adrift without a sigle oar. I hope Charles never becomes King. And Camilla ... ugh.

Holee said...

I loved the dress. After watching "Say Yes to the Dress" and seeing so many fatty arms exposed in the strapless gowns, it would be a breath of fresh air to see them covered with lace.

As for Diane, my husband was 20 years older then I was, demanding as was his mother...so I know all too well why she couldn't lift her eyes. Women end up with men like that when they have mothers who don't or won't love them.