Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Let Them Eat CAKE!

I made another double batch (4 loaves) of pear cakes yesterday evening.  This batch had pecans in it.  Oh my!  Even better.  Of course, I cut the first slice while it was still warm and shared with Sam while we watched more of the Olympics.  

This morning, I cut a few more slices to share at work.  I've also been taking bags of pears with me and dear friend, Gary (who is also a county commissioner), grabbed today's bag.

Another trip to the grocery store after work for more eggs because I had only enough for one recipe last night but didn't realize it until I was already halfway through the process. *eyeroll*  The cakes still worked!  Just not quite as dense as the other four yolks would've made them.

Tomorrow evening - another baking date! ;-)  Maybe a double batch of chocolate pear cakes...

I thought the dress would've been delivered to Isabel today, but I've heard nothing from Brook or Cody. I'll check the tracking number tomorrow because it was left at work...

No comments: